Thursday 20 May 2010

Sacrificial Staff Giving

Wow, quite a day. Our staff for the second year running have blown us away with their generosity, from just 100 people we have over £50K given or pledged towards our growth this year.
I believe that accountability is really important!. For me our staff team is one of the most important groups I am accountable to. If we change our heart, swerve from our vision, lose our passion, they will be the first to spot it and see it. So when they do this,give so much of their own money into the vision and cause of CAP, it tells me that not only are they right behind us, but that God is too!
I prayed this the other day: “I really am quite stunned Lord that our staff would step out once again in such an awesome way. I praise you for it Lord and ask that you truly would repay them” – then I was drawn to read this in Prov 19:17 it says “He who has pity on the poor lends to the LORD, And He will pay back what he has given.” Or in the New King James version it says “He will repay them in full” It struck me how amazing it is that God sees a gift to the poor as a loan to him that he will make sure we get it all back in some way at some time. He is no man’s debtor, and I know that the sacrifice our staff team have made will bring great and positive things back into their lives and that God smiles, positively beams, all over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment