Sunday 28 March 2010

Edinburgh CAP Money

Saturday 13th March
Just had a great day training another load of CAP Money coaches. The highlight for me was a testimony from a lady called Helene. Her journey with CAP started 9 years ago. She was dramatically healed from MS (wow God how amazing are you?) and as a result lost loads of benefits, a mobility car etc and her healing meant she ended up in debt. CAP stepped in through one of her first centres (and actually the first centre that I set up on my own – Dunfermline) and we helped her through her debts and she is now debt free. The main thing that got me was she said what a treat it was to have £10 per month for “treats” - £10 per month!! She said they used to take their boys to KFC for a family meal and it was the highlight of the month. Man, I just don’t know I’m born, but hey praise God for the chance to bring a small bit of joy into her life and into the lives of hundreds of new families every month! She is also now a CAP Money Coach and shared a story of how she had helped a couple who were maxed with their credit cards get debt free in just 3 years. How amazing is that.

It was just a great day, with Johnny not there Dave Kendall did a great job! And I finished the day off with watching the first half of Scotland v England in a pub. So funny, I tried asking for my beer with a slight Scottish accent and whenever anyone talked to me I just smiled and nodded. Remembering what Josie said – “don’t open your mouth or you’ll get beaten up!”

Now on my way home, looking forward to a great Sunday at the Light, with my amazing wife preaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment