Sunday 28 March 2010

Amazing lunch with newly saved clients

Sunday 28th March

Wow, Sunday lunch at our house doesn’t get much better than that, than to have two lovely ladies completely fresh to the things of God sit round your table, share food with you and hear them talk about finding God. It was quite funny, cos we’d chatted for a bit, and I thought, I want to know where they are with God, so started asking them questions. They’d been brought up Catholics, and not had a great experience, and certainly not truly discovered God through it. I’m thinking to myself, these two ladies are so going to give their hearts to Christ by the time we’ve done pudding. Then just as I was explaining about giving your life to Christ, they said “Oh yeah we did that with Kevin on Friday” Sure the angels were rejoicing, but I’m gutted, I wanted to do that (why I ever thought I could beat Kev Worsnop to an opportunity like that I’ve no idea.) But just a big fat reminder from God, “It’s not about you Matt!!!!” By the way I wasn’t really gutted (well not for long) soon we rejoiced in the new found freedom they had. We prayed for them, asked God to pour out His spirit on them and Angela described an amazing floaty type feeling after we’d prayed for her. What an absolute privilege, and how amazing to invite people over for dinner who are just blown away by being invited out, and “being with people who actually care” – their words.
Thank you God, that seriously poured some fuel on this fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment